it's about a year and a half before the wedding (we think, though we'll give it up to 2ish years), and we're trying to think about what we want.
we're chinese, so the standard is:
1. gatecrashing in the morning (which means the man needs to do all sorts of hijinks to 'get' the bride)
2. sometimes a church-walk-down-the-aisle, and sometimes a small solemnisation
3. HUGE banquet dinner with about 300-400 people.
1. we don't want the gatecrashing
2. we won't have a church ceremoney
3. we want a small dinner with close friends and immediate family, with about 85-100 people.
so I was wondering, of the rest of you unencumbered by church or asian traditions, what did you do for your wedding?
I see loads of gorgeous photos of american/ european weddings, but what actually goes on!