shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions wanted please

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock

I am thinking of purchasing a Whiteflash ACA in K or L color, under a carat. What color gold would be most suitable? And is an L color going to show a lot of color? Any pictures of either color would be great! Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A K and L will show some tint. I think it wont be as obvious in the smaller L's but it will not be bright white.

Not sure if you are looking at the same size K? I think a K/L would be a good starter stone. In the future you

can move up in size (if you're good with the tint), or move up in color if its a little too much tint. I own a J ACA and

I do see the tint in it especially in my house with taupe walls. Outside and in stores, I dont see it as much.

Maybe you could ask for a picture of a K, an L, and a color you are familiar with so you can see the difference.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

These pics show the diamonds in profile but may be helpful

1618067495512.png

1618067513320.jpeg

Hopefully other PSers will be by to post face-up shots of their K and L diamonds.

Not sure if you already came across these, but here are links to a few related PS threads which have some photos of K/L super-ideal diamonds:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/considering-a-warm-colored-diamond-k-or-l.239282/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rings-with-j-k-l-colored-diamonds.237380/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ds-also-opinions-on-blue-fluorescence.240572/

mjea

Shiny_Rock

Do you already know what kind of setting you’d like? You could do a white metal for the prong/head to help with the color face up and then whichever other color you prefer for the shank - assuming it’s for a ring :D

Piper70

Rough_Rock

My original e-ring was yellow gold. No lab certs but the stone has been appraised as J or K. I had it reset in platinum and see less tint than I did when it was set it yellow. It’s my avatar pic. I’m assuming you are trying to minimize the possible tint?

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock

Do you already know what kind of setting you’d like? You could do a white metal for the prong/head to help with the color face up and then whichever other color you prefer for the shank - assuming it’s for a ring :D

Some type of solitaire, 6 prong.

Rockcollector

Shiny_Rock

Yes

My original e-ring was yellow gold. No lab certs but the stone has been appraised as J or K. I had it reset in platinum and see less tint than I did when it was set it yellow. It’s my avatar pic. I’m assuming you are trying to minimize the possible tint?

yes

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Why hide the tint in a well cut stone its going to be fun watching it go from tint to brightness to color from fire?

Featured Topics

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Cinderella: Reimagined
    Cinderella: Reimagined - 09/10
    Are Men's Watches More Expensive Than Women's Watches?
    Are Men's Watches More Expensive Than Women's Watches? - 09/08
    2021 Rapaport "State Of The Diamond Industry" Review
    2021 Rapaport "State Of The Diamond Industry" Review - 09/06

Holloway Cut Advisor