shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get opinions on my new Vatche U-100 engagement ring?

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade

I bought this from WF and I'm not liking the way it looks with my 9 stone band? The diamond is an ACA .77 G VS1 round. I also thought the diamond would look bigger than it does. Any suggestions appreciated. I already requested to return the ring back. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1268.jpg
    IMG_1268.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1269 (1).jpg
    IMG_1269 (1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 2

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If you're returning the Vatche diamond ring, why do you want opinions on it?

The ring setting is beautiful; perhaps you need a larger diamond solitaire if you want to pair it with your 9-stone band? I do note a color difference, so maybe you can choose a slightly lower color in a larger ACA?

Tippytoes

Rough_Rock
Trade

If you're returning the Vatche diamond ring, why do you want opinions on it?

The ring setting is beautiful; perhaps you need a larger diamond solitaire if you want to pair it with your 9-stone band? I do note a color difference, so maybe you can choose a slightly lower color in a larger ACA?

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping someone could give me some other suggestions on a different setting that would look nicer with my band. I'm happy with the diamond itself.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto @marymm

I would drop down in color and go bigger. To be honest the size of your 9 stone is going to overwhelm a solitaire

unless you can get up close to a carat (I'm guessing).

What is the ctw on your 9 stone? The other option is to wear your 9 stone on your right hand and get a simple gold

band for a wedding ring.

kgizo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

The Vatche looks great on its own, but looks too dainty next to the band. I like tyty’s suggestion of wearing them on opposite hands. If you get a bulkier band for the ACA, then the diamond is likely going to look too small in it. You could go to a local jeweler and try on different settings to see what works for you. I think it will be difficult to get a setting that works with the band and ACA without trying on.

Txborn79

Shiny_Rock

I agree with the others, that the band is overwhelming the diamond and I don’t think you’ll like it with a different ring unless you go with a larger diamond.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Or a smaller band?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I bought this from WF and I'm not liking the way it looks with my 9 stone band? The diamond is an ACA .77 G VS1 round. I also thought the diamond would look bigger than it does. Any suggestions appreciated. I already requested to return the ring back. Thanks.
You need a 2.5ct to match the band...:bigsmile:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

If you love the stone and do not want to go larger, I would suggest wearing those two rings separately. The band is too thick for the e-ring and will eat up the ACA stone. You would need at least 1.5ct to get the balance between those two.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock

Agree with everyone else, your solitaire is pretty, your band is also pretty, but they’re not a good match. I think different setting won’t pleased you because you’ll still think that it’s too small. Wearing it separately might be the best option for you if you don’t want to get a 2ct++ diamond :)

GeorgieQ

Shiny_Rock

Ditto @marymm

I would drop down in color and go bigger. To be honest the size of your 9 stone is going to overwhelm a solitaire

unless you can get up close to a carat (I'm guessing).

What is the ctw on your 9 stone? The other option is to wear your 9 stone on your right hand and get a simple gold

band for a wedding ring.

This! Both rings are beautiful, the proportions just aren't right and together they look unbalanced, because, as you know and others have already mentioned, your gorgeous 9 stone overwhelms your beautiful solitaire. You either need to go bigger with your soli or, as tyty333 suggested, a plain wedder with your 9 stone and wear your soli on your other hand. Good luck!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

giphy.gif

I concur with the others, you need a bigger stone. Also, while I do like thin bands, I think you need more width for that particular setup.

Featured Topics

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Cinderella: Reimagined
    Cinderella: Reimagined - 09/10
    Are Men's Watches More Expensive Than Women's Watches?
    Are Men's Watches More Expensive Than Women's Watches? - 09/08
    2021 Rapaport "State Of The Diamond Industry" Review
    2021 Rapaport "State Of The Diamond Industry" Review - 09/06

Holloway Cut Advisor